You'll learn how to:
What you'll get
- 1.5 hours of lessons
Discover how you can find happiness in your life.
When listening isn’t an option, dig into this digital PDF.
- Curated resources
We’ve collected the best resources for you.
- Lesson summaries
Be reminded of the key things you’ve learned via email.
- iPhone wallpapers
A nice reminder every time you pick up your phone.
Experts in this course
- Kristen MeinzerKristen Meinzer is an award-winning host, commentator, speaker, producer, and author specializing in contemporary social issues and popular culture. Her work has been celebrated in Time Magazine, Bust, Vice, O The Oprah Magazine, The Guardian, The Evening Standard, Jezebel, Real Simple, Indiewire, and dozens of other publications. She is the co-host and co-creator of By The Book, a comedic reality show and self-help podcast from Stitcher.
- Gretchen RubinGretchen Rubin is the author of several books, including the block-buster New York Times bestsellers, Outer Order, Inner Calm, Better Than Before, The Happiness Project, Happier at Home, and The Four Tendencies. On her weekly podcast, Happier with Gretchen Rubin, she discusses good habits and happiness with her sister Elizabeth Craft. She lives in New York City with her husband and two daughters.
- Dr. Sonja LyubomirskySonja Lyubomirsky, Ph.D., is distinguished professor of psychology at UC Riverside and author of the best-selling books, The How of Happiness and The Myths of Happiness. Her research focuses on how happiness can be increased via gratitude, kindness, and extraversion interventions.
- Dr. Srikumar RaoSrikumar Rao is a TED speaker, best-selling author, and executive coach. He has taught his course, Creativity & Personal Mastery, at Columbia Business School, the Kellogg School of Management, and the Haas School of Business, among others.
- Dr. Trysh TravisTrysh Travis is a cultural and literary historian who teaches in the Center for Women’s Studies and Gender Research at the University of Florida. She is the author of two books: The Language of the Heart: A Cultural History of the Recovery Movement from Alcoholics Anonymous to Oprah Winfrey and Rethinking Therapeutic Culture.
- Emily Esfahani SmithEmily Esfahani Smith is a writer, editor, and speaker in Washington DC. Her book, The Power of Meaning, is an international bestseller and has been translated into 16 different languages. Her articles and essays have appeared in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, The Atlantic, and her TED Talk has been viewed over 9 million times.
- Dr. Lara AkninLara Aknin is a Distinguished Associate Professor of Psychology at Simon Fraser University, former Fellow with the Canadian Institute for Advanced Research, and a co-editor of the World Happiness Report. She holds a PhD in Social Psychology from the University of British Columbia.
- Sebene SelassieSebene Selassie is a Brooklyn-based teacher, author and speaker. She teaches classes and retreats regularly across the U.S. and is one of the most popular teachers on the Ten Percent Happier app. Her first book, You Belong: A Call for Connection, will be published by HarperOne in 2020.
- Jericho BrownJericho Brown is a poet, scholar, and director of the Creative Writing Program at Emory University. His most recent book, The Tradition, won the 2020 Pulitzer Prize for Poetry. His poems have appeared in the Nation, the New Republic, the New Yorker, the Paris Review, and Time, among others.
- 01IntroductionCan we actually be happy?
- 02Happiness myths, bustedDiscover what the science of well-being says about a few commonly held beliefs about happiness.
- 03GratitudeLearn how gratitude can change your perspective for the better.
- 04Social connectionUnderstand why relationships are one of the keys to happiness—and how to build them.
- 05GenerosityLearn why being generous makes us feel good—and how to optimize your giving.
- 06Meditating on happinessFind out what meditation and mindfulness can do for your mood.
- 07Happiness hacksLearn a few handy habits for instantly increasing happiness.
- 08The journeyDiscover why it really is all about the “pursuit” of happiness.
- 09The poetry of happinessLearn how art can help you sort through emotions.
- 10ConclusionContinue your search.