You'll learn how to:
What you'll get
- 6+ hours of audio lessons
Everything you need to know to start growing your startup.
- Companion e-textbook
When listening isn’t an option, dig into this text-based PDF.
- Curated resources
Save time searching. We’ve collected the best founder-friendly resources for you.
- Private Slack community
Connect with other founders on their startup journey.
- Lesson summaries
Be reminded of the key things you’ve learned via email.
- Startup tools
The spreadsheets, agreements, and decks you need to launch your startup.
- Free domain name
Claim your startup’s corner of the internet with a free domain from Name.com.
- Glossary of terms
Get up to speed on startup and tech terms.
Experts in this course
- Alexis OhanianAlexis Ohanian is the co-founder of Reddit, one of the world’s most influential websites. He’s also the co-founder of Initialized Capital, a VC firm with investments in companies like Instacart and Coinbase.
- Michael PreysmanMichael Preysman is the founder and CEO of Everlane, the hugely popular fashion retailer that has legacy brands like J. Crew and Banana Republic playing defense.
- Eddy LuEddy Lu is the co-founder of GOAT, the sneaker marketplace that raised $100M from Foot Locker in 2019.
- Éva GoicocheaÉva Goicochea is the co-founder and CEO of Maude, a modern sex essentials company touted by Vogue that’s reframing the conversation around sex.
- Ben JacobsBen Jacobs is the co-founder of Whistle, a pet tech company known as the “Fitbit for dogs” that was acquired for more than $100M by Mars Petcare.
- Tracy LawrenceTracy Lawrence is the co-founder and CEO of Chewse, a food catering company that’s raised more than $30M while building a unique and widely-admired company culture.
- Greg BettinelliGreg Bettinelli is a Partner at Upfront Ventures, LA’s most prolific venture capital firm. Upfront portfolio companies include Bird, Ring, and FabFitFun, just to name a few.
- Peter WernerPeter Werner is a partner at Cooley LLP, one of Silicon Valley’s go-to law firms. Peter has worked with hundreds of startups, including Allbirds, Opendoor, and Salesforce.
- Nancy MillerNancy Miller is an editorial director at Pop-Up Magazine Productions, former senior editor at WIRED, and former editorial director at Fast Company.
- 01Meet your new mentorGet to know course guide Alexis Ohanian and learn why he’s driven to support startup founders.
- 02About this courseMeet the Knowable team and learn why they created this course.
- 03Are you founder material?Learn what makes a successful founder and confront your fears about starting a business.
- 04High-growth startupsLearn the unique characteristics of high-growth startups.
- 05Your ideaLearn to generate and evaluate business ideas.
- 06Competitive analysisLearn to identify and evaluate competitors to better understand your market.
- 07What if you can't code?Learn why coding skills aren’t required to build a startup.
- 08Lean startup methodLearn the proven method for agile startup business planning.
- 09MVPLearn the customer-focused process for developing your product.
- 10Co-foundersLearn how to find a co-founder and divide ownership.
- 11Going full timeLearn why you should probably wait before going all in on your business.
- 12BrandLearn the basics of brand building, including naming and identity design.
- 13Marketing and communityLearn why your user community is your most valuable marketing asset.
- 14Incorporation and legalLearn the fundamentals of incorporation and startup law.
- 15Team and cultureLearn why hiring is your most important job.
- 16Fundraising and venture capitalLearn to connect with investors and win them over.
- 17Self-careLearn to navigate the personal challenges of being a founder.
- 18The road aheadReflections on the founder’s journey from Alexis Ohanian.