You'll learn how to:
What you'll get
- 4+ hours of audio lessons
Everything you need to know to get your sleep health on track.
- 13+ hours of extended material
Go deeper with interviews by the world’s top sleep researchers and experts.
- Guided meditations
Build your meditation practice to foster healthy sleep habits.
- Bedtime stories
Let yourself drift away into relaxing bedtime stories.
- Sleep music
Fall asleep more easily with our curated selection of calming music.
- Companion e-textbook
When listening isn’t an option, dig into this text-based PDF.
- Curated resources
Save time searching. We’ve collected the best resources to help you sleep better.
- Glossary of terms
Get up to speed on all the jargon from the sleep health world.
- Lesson summaries
Be reminded of the key things you’ve learned via email.
- Q&A with experts
Ask questions and get answers from the course experts.
Experts in this course
- W. Chris Winter, MDDr. W. Chris Winter is a sleep researcher, neurologist and author of the book, The Sleep Solution: Why Your Sleep is Broken and How to Fix It. He is the founder of the Charlottesville Neurology and Sleep Medicine clinic.
- Fiona BarwickFiona Barwick, PhD, is a Clinical Assistant Professor in Stanford's Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences. She serves as the Director of the Sleep and Circadian Health Program at the Stanford Sleep Medicine Center.
- Russell FosterProfessor Russell Foster, CBE, FRS is Professor of Circadian Neuroscience at the University of Oxford. He is Head of the Nuffield Laboratory of Ophthalmology, Director of the Sleep and Circadian Neuroscience Institute, and a Trustee of the Science Museum.
- Betty TheskyBetty Thesky is a flight attendant with a major airline. She hosts the podcast, Betty in The Sky with a Suitcase, which features stories from her 20-plus years flying.
- Bud SmithBud Smith is an author and a construction worker. He wrote about his experiences with shift work in his 2017 memoir, Work.
- Adam MansbachAdam Mansbach is the author of the #1 New York Times bestseller Go the F**k to Sleep, the California Book Award-winning novel The End of the Jews, and the screenplay for the Netflix Original feature film Barry.
- Sara MednickSara C. Mednick, PhD, is Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of California, Irvine, and author of the book, Take a Nap! Change Your Life. Her research focuses on napping and performance.
- Aric PratherAric A. Prather, PhD, is a researcher and an associate professor in the Department of Psychiatry at the University of California at San Francisco. His research focuses on the relationship between sleep and immunity.
- Matt CarterMatt Carter, PhD, is a professor in the Biology Department at Williams College, where he teaches courses in Neuroscience and Physiology. At Williams, Carter’s lab studies how the brain regulates sleep and food intake.
- Nerina RamlakhanNerina Ramlakhan is a sleep expert and physiologist specializing in organizational performance. She is the author of Tired But Wired, Fast Asleep, Wide Awake, and The Little Book of Sleep.
- Penelope LewisPenelope Lewis, PhD, is the author of The Secret World of Sleep and is a neuroscientist at Cardiff University, where she runs the Sleep and Memory Lab.
- Benjamin ReissBenjamin Reiss is the author of Wild Nights: How Taming Sleep Created Our Restless World. He is a professor and chair of the English department at Emory University.
- Karen ZraickKaren Zraick is a reporter and editor at the New York Times. She covers a wide variety of topics, including sleep disorders like orthosomnia.
- Marina BenjaminMarina Benjamin is a senior editor at Aeon and a writer of nonfiction books, such as Rocket Dreams and The Middlepause. Her latest memoir is Insomnia (Catapult, 2018)
- Ben LooryBen Loory is the author of Stories for Nighttime and Some for the Day and Tales of Falling and Flying. He is a contributor to This American Life, and teaches writing at the UCLA Extension Writers’ Program.
- David RandallDavid Randall is a senior reporter at Reuters and author of the New York Times bestseller, Dreamland.
- Brad ListiKnowable Executive Producer, Host of the Otherppl with Brad Listi podcast.
- 01IntroductionMeet your course guide, Brad Listi, and hear a preview of the lessons you’ll learn from our sleep experts
- 02Sleep better tonightLearn what you can do now for better rest
- 03Building your best sleep scheduleLearn how to create a routine that ensures good sleep and maximizes its benefits
- 04Sleep debt & nappingLearn about recovering lost sleep and the power of naps
- 05What is sleep?Learn exactly what happens when you close your eyes
- 06DreamingLearn about the mysterious world of dreams
- 07Sleep & travelLearn how to make the most of sleep away from home
- 08How your body sleepsLearn about the biological processes that allow you rest
- 09The hidden benefits of sleeping betterLearn why prioritizing sleep is so important
- 10InsomniaLearn about one of the most common sleep disorders
- 11Other sleeping disordersLearn about what’s keeping you up at night
- 12The evidence for sleep treatmentLearn about the methodologies for improving your sleep
- 13Changing cultural attitudes toward sleepLearn about the bigger picture of sleep
- 14ConclusionGood night and good luck
Invite a friend, free.
Know someone who’d love to take this course too? When you buy a course, you can invite a friend to take the course with you for free.